The following key functions will be performed by the Secretariat:
- Create a knowledge sharing Platform and a Website for the Network;
- Together with the Advisory Group, develop the strategic vision and putting to action the agreed upon Annual work plans;
- Position the Network’s activities within the context of Africa’s development agenda as well as the global issues;
- Ensure for accessibility of information and reporting back on Network activities to all members, donors, African Governments, RECs, the AUC, and interested partners;
- Be advisor to the Network on emerging priorities and events of importance to the Network;
- Prepare for, manage and facilitate effective summits, forums, meetings; workshops and such other related functions necessary for an effective Network; and
- Coordinate the mentorship and staff exchange program for effective linkages and experience sharing.