The overarching objective of the Africa Think Tank Network is to provide a platform for information sharing, exchange of ideas, knowledge creation and dissemination, and creating partnerships among think tanks in order to individually and collectively develop evidence-based solutions to the pressing development challenges facing Africa.
The specific objectives of the Network are to:
- Create a space for knowledge sharing and mutual learning around the role and importance of think tanks for effective policy impacts and development results;
- Facilitate partnership and networking among think tanks in Africa and teasing out ideas that could be jointly promoted at the continental and global levels;
- Strengthen TTs voices in continental and global development challenges by creating the platform to offer policy advices and contributions to such discourses through common positions;
- Facilitate the mentoring of young think tanks through staff exchanges and training;
- Reach out to all stakeholders and economic actors (public and private sectors, non-state actors, media, etc.) for coordinated interventions;
- Facilitate the development of media and public engagement training programs;
- Create knowledge sharing platform that focuses on research, capacity building and best practices;
- Develop a database/resource center related to think tanks in Africa so as to identify comparative advantages; and
- Promote a platform of collaboration between political leaders and Think Tanks for effective implementation of development strategies at the country level.