The Advisory Group will:
- approve the work plan of the Network;
- present the objectives and activities in external discussions;
- be tasked to call for and identify partners to support the Network and its activities;
- have the mandate to make decisions on behalf of the members of the Network; and
- approve the formal reports of the Network, either during a meeting or written procedure.
The Advisory Group will be constituted by the six (06) members of the Think Tank Task Force as established during the Second Africa Think Tank Summit. These are the African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF); the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTSCP); the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA); the African Centre for Economic Transformation (ACET); the Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA); and the Centre d’Études et de Renforcement des Capacités d’Analyse et Plaidoyer (CERCAP).
The Advisory Group may propose changes to its composition. Such changes would have to be approved by the members during a given Annual Africa Think Tank Summit.